Church of Christ on Country Club Road
Alexander Campbell Chapman came to Texas in 1870 and settled southwest of the present Bardwell. The Chapman family worshipped with a group of Christians that met near what is now Ennis. Around the turn of the century, Christians in Bardwell and Garrett sponsored a mission meeting in Ennis. James S. Dunn was invited to hold a protracted tent meeting. As a result, a congregation was established and elders and deacons were selected.
For some time the church met in the home of Naith Hellums and his wife. In 1908 the city hall was used as a meeting place. In May, 1910 the church building located at West Avenue and Sherman Street was rented from the Presbyterian Church. A year later this property was purchased and was the home of a growing congregation for the next 63 years.
The Ennis Avenue Church of Christ moved to the corner of Gilmer (now Country Club) and Baldridge Streets on February 4, 1973. The annex building was moved from the old location. It now serves as office and library space. In 1990’s a Family Life Center was added to better serve the needs of our members and the community.
Through the years, this church has been faithfully served by men and women who have sought to share the Good News of Christ in this community and around the world. A partial list of elders, deacons, and ministers is posted in our lobby.
Mission efforts in past years have included the Northeast, Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Guadalajara. We currently support John and Beth Reese through World Bible School, David and Danna Willis in American Samoa, and Ken and Judy Kendall-Ball in South Africa, as well as helping Felton and Betty Smith travel to Ukraine to work with orphans in their summer camps.
W. Allen Campbell
John M. Merritt
Dr. J.W. Tolleson
George T. Yowell
Weldon T. Jones
Al E. Ramsey
Wilbur H. White—1915
L. V. Nobles
Elmer W. Key
Tillet S. Teddlie
Frank L. Cox
Lon O. Goodrum
Thomas D. Compton
Albert F. Brown
Tim Paden – Youth
Scott Brazell – Youth
Dean Willis - Youth
Joseph McWhorter - Young Adult Minister
- Written by Super User
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 3252
- In a browser, go to c4ennis.org
- Click on C4 Connect button.
- Save this page in your favorites for future reference.
- For first time registration, click “I do not know my passcode or an "I not have a passcode”
- Enter your email address. It must be the same email address that we have on file.
- Enter the numbers you see on the site.
- Click continue.
- Check your email and enter your Passcode below. Note: It may take several minutes for your Passcode to be delivered. Be sure to check your spam or junk folders too.
- Now Log In by entering your email address you just used and enter the passcode that was just emailed to you.
- You will now see your profile.
- Click the settings (gear icon) at the top of the page and update your passcode to your own personal passcode. You will need to enter the passcode just received by email and then update to your own passcode.
- From this page, you can update your information, view the directory online or the calendar.
- Please reach out to the office if you have any questions.
- Written by Scott Brazell
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 5842